Spring is slowly fading into the warm, welcomed days of summer and it’s time to start retooling your work wardrobe to be cool, comfy and of course still classy for those hotter summer days. Here are some wardrobe essentials that you can stock up on now that will get you through the next several months looking great and most importantly, feeling cool and comfortable.
- Find a great, neutral watch in earth tones or with some gold on it. Our Big Circle or All White Watches fit this bill perfectly and will accent every summer business outfit well. Sometimes switching to warm weather clothes dresses down your work wardrobe so having good, high-end looking accessories to punch it up a level is really important.
- Long shorts are A-OK for the office. They’ll keep you cool and look professional yet stylish at the same time – win-win-win! These belted high-rise linen blend shorts from Old Navy are an affordable way to be stylish and comfortable this summer. And at only $20 you can afford every color!
- Sleeveless tops that are cut properly and are still conservative are also great for work. This Sleeveless White Peplum Bodice Top from White House Black Market fits the bill and comes in white so you can easily match it with various bottoms.
- Long, chunky necklaces draw the eye away from the extra skin you may be showing which makes your outfits feel more office appropriate so don’t forget to grab some new baubles to complete your looks. Out new Multi-chain Long Necklace is a great, neutral piece that works well with many outfits.
- Finally, you don’t have to wear heels all summer to look good at the office- check out all the great, and more comfortable options for wedges that will take some of the load off your hot feet. Check out some dressier wedges here.
Most importantly have FUN putting together you summer wardrobe! Beating the heat and looking cool at the same time is easier than you might initially think.